Friday, May 11, 2012

I Report, You Decide...

Last year, I posted a series of blog posts concerning allegations that an art gallery (Art of the Past) on Madison Ave., NYC, was connected to multiple thefts/international smuggling of 12th-13th c. statues and "idols" from southern India; that they were serving as the end-point in this trade. For reporting on the stories that others wrote, I was threatened with legal action by the concerned party's lawyers, although I never ascertained if this threat was real  and I removed some of the offending posts in order to move on to other topics. Today I have received another article (Times of India, written by Ajay Kanth) from a colleague that once again seems to point to this same gallery, even mentioning the arrest of its high-profile owner in October, 2011 in Germany. I present it here for your perusal... I have hopes that at the very least this investigation will now go further, and let the verdict fall where it may.

4 comments:

  1. you have written awesome article , i have studied that one.


    forex robot

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi if you can post that article once or if possible can u share that with me

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Damien, I hope that you understand and realize these aren't facts until proven so by writing these articles and spreading the word, you may actually be harming a reputation of an innocent person or at least yet to be proven guilty. You live in the western country where you can rely on law and authorities to do the right thing but that's hardly the case in India. The Idol department who is pointing fingers in this case is one of the most corrupt govt. departments in India which themselves are involved behind half of the idol thefts in India. Reason why I am saying this is because I have been a victim of corrupt Indian authorities. you should read and publish more on articles like below which talk about the human rights situation in the largest democracy in India.

    http://www.achrweb.org/reports/india/torture2011.pdf

    http://www.humanrights.asia/news/ahrc-news/AHRC-STM-206-2011

    ReplyDelete